Two-way radio communication solutions help to create a school environment that is safe and secure, where all school staff can perform at their best.
In an emergency and for public safety, two-way radio systems provide primary schools with a link to fast communications when they are needed most, without the need for any infrastructure.
Walkie talkies can cover a wide spectrum of uses, solving communication issues at the push of a button within schools; they are a versatile tool that can adapt to any situation offering incredible value for money without the hindrance of monthly bills or call charges.
In today’s current climate it is imperative that educational establishments are prepared.
Key users of walkie talkies in the educational environment Include:
- Teachers (both on and off-site)
- School administrators and reception
- Caretakers, maintenance and estates teams
- Security Teams
Key uses of walkie talkies in the educational environment include:
- Campus Security/Stranger on Campus Alerts/Lock Downs
- Fire alarm coordination
- Management of pupils during break times
- School trips
- Emergency/Incident Response
Intelligently connect your staff and first responders to communicate and respond to everyday situations and emergency occurrences.
Take building management into consideration with two-way radios for communication. The benefits of two-way radios include:
- Cost effective: Two-way radios cost less than mobiles. There are no monthly fees, service contracts or calling minutes
- Choice of Handsets: From analogue licence free radios to feature rich digital units, DCRS have a solution to meet your requirements and budget. A wide range of audio accessories are also available to suit each user preference
- Ease of use: By simply pressing the Press to Talk button you can instantly talk to multiple people or a single user without any call set up times or network busy tone
- Durability: Two-way radios are designed to be long-lasting and robust, so they are less likely to crack or break when dropped. With the latest battery technology many models can operate for up to 26 hours
- Safety: Digital handsets have features such as Lone Worker and Emergency Call button, these can be linked to the building alarm panel or building management system for faster response times. (Application software and information provided by DCRS would be required)
- Service during emergencies: Certain methods of communication may fail or be restricted during an emergency. However, two-way radios will continue to work during those situations
Ranging from Non-Licensed PMR446 Two-Way Radios for smaller sites, lunchtime assistants and school trips to the more complex Analogue and Digital Licensed Systems which can link with panic alarms, fire alarms and door entry; there are solutions to fit any requirement or budget.
Areas of use include teachers, admin, caretakers and cleaners. For added security, applications can also be added to your radio systems such as fire evacuation, staff monitoring, silent alerts and other options to ensure maximum efficiency of your radio system to ensure 100 per cent safety for staff and pupils.
When making your choice on walkie talkie packages consider the area you need to cover and what you wish to achieve from them.